Here is our full Classic Korea packing list. You’ll notice there are a few asterisks (*) alongside some of the items. This is because these things are mandatory.
We have a list of mandatory items because, for safety reasons, it’s vital you have your own gear. But, mandatory equipment may be shared with your fellow trekkers if you’re trekking in a group.
● 45-65lr backpack with rain protection cover*
● Sleeping bag*, preferably three-season sleeping bag
● Stove* with a pan or pot – Good pan for frying food and boiling water.
● Fuel* (included in the ticket fee, don’t forget to bring a bottle if you use petrol or methylated spirit)
● Sleeping mattress*
● Map*(included in the ticket fee)
● Magnetic compass*
● Fjällräven Classic Trash Bag* (included in the ticket fee)
● Thermal fleece/mid layer top* in down, wool or a synthetic material
● Long underpants for a dry change*
● Wind and waterproof pants
● Wind and waterproof jacket with hood*
● First aid kit* (at least elastic bandage, blister pads, compresses and tape). It is recommended to complement the mandatory first aid kit with safety pins, butterfly stitches (skin closures), fluid replacement and pain reliever.
● Sun hat/cap
● Hiking socks, preferably in wool
● Underwear in wool or in a synthetic material
● A change of shoes or flip flops/sandals to give your feet a break
● Hiking trousers, a pair that can be unzipped to become shorts are ideal – it does get warm up there sometimes
● Hiking boots
● Hiking poles
● Matches and/or lighter
● Dish cloth
● Small towel
● Water bottle, minimum 1.0L
● Small knife with scissors or a multi-tool
● Toilet paper (not “wet wipes”)
● Head torch