Our main goal is to inspire and enable more people to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. So looking out for nature, preserving it and protecting it, is a given. We do this in many ways such as how and where we source our materials, how we produce our clothing and equipment and of course how we run our events.
Since 2010, Fjällräven Classic Sweden has been labelled as an Eco Event by Keep Sweden Tidy. This basically means the negative environmental impacts of the event are as small as possible. And we work actively with Keep Sweden Tidy to constantly improve and further reduce our environmental impact.
Fjällräven Classic is also our way of educating, informing and inspiring you and your fellow trekkers. It’s about sharing ideas for how you can minimise your negative environmental impacts.
• Fjällräven Classic Sweden should be an environmentally-aware event that takes the environment into consideration in all decisions and in our choice of partners.
• Fjällräven Classic Sweden is an event in a unique mountain environment that we want to preserve and protect for future generations.
• Fjällräven Classic Sweden should educate, inform and inspire both officials and participants to be environmentally responsible, and thereby promote sustainable development.
• Our work with environmental issues should continuously be improved. Fjällräven Classic Sweden strives to decrease the impact on the environment, prevent pollution and organise an environmentally safe event.
• Fjällräven Classic Sweden has the same national environmental quality goals that the Swedish Parliament has adopted as guidance for environmental issues.
• Fjällräven Classic Sweden should follow appropriate legislature and regulations as well as relevant environmental requirements.