We talk about accessibility and try to make it possible for as many as possible to participate in Fjällräven Classic. Ever since the start, there have been a group that prefers to run or “speed up” the stretch Nikkaluokta – Abisko instead of hiking it.
If you intend to hike fast, here’s how it works:
- When registering, tick in the box that you want to hike in a maximum of 30 hours and send a reference (result in competition, other event or similar) to us at email@example.com with “Fast trekker FC” as subject. If the minimum criteria are met, you can start in the Fast trekking group, otherwise we will place you in the starting group for hikers where there is room as close to Saturday morning as possible. You will be able to see your starting group via your registration page as soon as it is ready.
- The fast hiking group is 07:30 from Högalidskolan with bus (start from Nikkaluokta 09:00)
- It is the same check-in procedure in Kiruna and Nikkaluokta.
- The limit time to start in the fast hiking group is that you should be able to and aim to complete the Fjällräven Classic in a maximum of 30 hours.
- The safety organization with all checkpoints is up and running, but the fast hikers are not allowed to refill food and gas in Sälka and Alesjaure.
- No official timekeeping and no prices beyond what applies to all participants around garbage collection.
- Note! If you are a fast hiker, tell the staff when checking in your luggage so that we can transport your luggage quick to Abisko.
Mandatory equipment for fast trekkers only:
- Part in a outdoor stove
- Part in a tent or a bivvy bag
- Rain protection, wind and water proof jacket with hood and trousers
- Long trousers (ok with tights and high stocknings)
- Warm sweater/down jacket minimum weight 200g
- Water bottle minimum 0,5 l
- First aid (sport tape/strapping tape, elastic bandage 2 meters, wound dressing 7,5×7,5cm)
- Trekking pass
- Trash bag
- Sleeping bag full length, minimum 400g
- Mattress, mimimum 5 mm covering from butt to neck
- Energy 2000 Kcal from start (packaging must be brought to finish)